The below is a general summary of Blink’s cancellation terms. Additional cancellation terms may be applicable based on state law. Please see your Blink Membership Agreement for all Terms and Conditions regarding membership cancellation.
IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION RIGHTS:
CONSUMER’S RIGHT TO CANCELLATION. YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR BLINK CONTRACT WITHOUT ANY PENALTY OR FURTHER OBLIGATION WITHIN THREE (3) DAYS FROM THE AGREEMENT START DATE DEPENDING ON STATE LAW (FIVE (5) DAYS FOR CA MEMBERS).
When you cancel under your Consumer Right to Cancellation, all monies paid by you will be refunded.
STANDARD CANCELLATION TERMS:
- Annual/Commitment Membership Agreement (Green, Blue, or Orange membership with a 12 month commitment). You must provide notice before you can cancel your Agreement. The length of the notice period varies by state. In addition, an annual/commitment agreement has an obligation date of 12 months/1 year (the “Initial Membership Period”) and, with limited exceptions, you cannot cancel before the end of the Initial Membership Period without paying a buy-out fee. The amount of the buy-out fee varies by state. When you cancel you will be required to pay the prorated amount for the notice period plus the buy-out fee if applicable. (See *NOTICE PERIOD AND BUY-OUT SUMMARY* below)
- Monthly/No-Commitment Membership Agreement (Gray or No-commitment Blue membership). You must provide notice before you can cancel your Agreement. The length of the notice period varies by state. When you cancel you will be required to pay the prorated amount for the notice period. (See *NOTICE PERIOD AND BUY-OUT SUMMARY* below)
- Paid-in-full Agreement. If you purchased a paid-in-full (“PIF”) membership, your Agreement will automatically end on the Expiration Date listed in your agreement unless it is extended based on days the gym was closed or you renew. In the event you wish to cancel before the expiration of your agreement for a partial refund, the following applies:
- A) 1 Year PIF-If you have a 1 year PIF, you must provide notice before you can terminate your Agreement and your partial refund will be reduced by the prorated amount for the notice period and the buy-out fee. The length of the notice period and buy-out fee varies by state. (See *NOTICE PERIOD AND BUY-OUT SUMMARY* below)
- B) Less than 1 Year PIF (such as a three month student PIF) -If you have a PIF agreement for less than one year, you must provide notice before you can terminate your Agreement for a partial refund. Your partial refund will be reduced by the prorated amount for the notice period. The length of the notice period varies by state. (See *NOTICE PERIOD AND BUY-OUT SUMMARY* below)
- c) Corporate PIF members - If you have a Corporate 1 Year PIF agreement and you cancel in your first six (6) months you are not eligible for a partial refund. After six (6) months, Corporate PIF members must provide notice before you can terminate your Agreement for a partial refund. Your partial refund will be reduced by the prorated amount for the notice period. The length of the notice period and buy-out fee varies by state. (See *NOTICE PERIOD AND BUY-OUT SUMMARY* below)
*NOTICE PERIOD AND BUY-OUT SUMMARY*
NY, NJ, MA, FL, TX: $60 buy-out fee and 45 days’ notice
PA: $50 buy-out fee and 45 days’ notice
CA: $50 buy-out fee and 30 days’ notice
IL, VA: $60 buy-out fee and 30 days’ notice
(If you are a corporate member your buy-out fee will be waived.)
Under the standard cancellation terms, all fees, including the Annual Maintenance Fee, are non- refundable. If you have a membership credit on your account, that credit will be applied against any notice period payment owed to Blink or will be included in any applicable refund.
Membership agreements must be active, not frozen, to cancel. Under the standard cancellation
terms, if you are cancelling a membership that is currently frozen, Blink will unfreeze/reactivate
your account and then process your cancellation including the applicable notice period or buy-
out. If your home gym is open and operating when you cancel a frozen membership, you will
still be required to pay the prorated amount for the notice period plus the buy-out fee if
applicable. (See *NOTICE PERIOD AND BUY-OUT SUMMARY* above) Any notice period
provided by Blink regarding any change in the complimentary freeze policy will not apply to
reduce or negate cancellation notice periods under the membership agreement.
STANDARD CANCELLATION TERM EXCEPTIONS:
You may also cancel your Blink membership agreement for any of the following reasons:
- A) You cannot physically receive the services because of a significant physical disability, as evidenced by a signed letter from your doctor or other reasonable proof of your significant physical disability.
- B) If you move your residence more than twenty-five miles from any health club operated by Blink (must provide satisfactory proof of new residence).
- C) If you die, your estate will be relieved of any further obligation for payment under this Agreement not then due and owing, as evidenced by a death certificate or other reasonable confirmation of death.
When you cancel under one of these exceptions, you may be entitled to a refund or adjustment of your past due balance based on the cancellation exception and applicable law. See your membership agreement terms and conditions for more information.
Additional Standard Cancellation Term Exceptions may exist per applicable state law. Please review the terms and conditions of your membership agreement for additional information.
HOW TO CANCEL
To exercise any of these cancellation rights you must send your request to cancel to Blink by one of the acceptable cancellation methods. Blink accepts cancellation online via our member portal; by personal delivery of a written notice at any club at which you are a member. To process your request, your request to cancel should include your full name, membership ID number, and contact information.
If Blink cannot match your information to a membership we will attempt to contact you based on the information you provide with your cancellation notice. If Blink is unable to reach you or you fail to provide sufficient information for Blink to find your membership or contact you, your cancellation request will not be processed and you will remain an active member.
If you have questions about how to calculate your cancellation payment or your refund, please contact Blink Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.